BICKFORD PC-3 Vacuum Scavenging Attachment
Controls the drawing off of overflow gases from anesthesia breathing circuits for disposal into a hospital suction system.
- Mounts solidly to anesthesia machine providing terminal connection for suction supply.
- Control valve built-in so that suction can be adjusted to equal input from anesthesia circuit avoiding excessive suction flows which may occur in installations with multiple O.R. sites.
- Safety Relief Valve for positive and negative pressures to limit application of suction or back pressure to breathing circuit.
- Breathing bag reservoir used to store pulsations of exhaled gases for evacuation with low continuous suction flow. Bag acts as a valuable indicator of in and out flow to and from system.
- Input connection standard 15mm diameter external taper fits 7⁄8” breathing tubes and 15mm internal diameter taper fits endotracheal tube connectors which are available for any size tubing.
- Mounting brackets available to attach unit to most makes of anesthesia machines.
- The Bickford PC-3 Vacuum Scavenging Attachment is used in semi-closed, open, or non-rebreathing systems, with an outlet connection provided. Most systems can be converted by replacing the present open type pressure relief (pop-off) valve with the Bickford PC-1 Valve and use of the Bickford PC-2 Non-rebreathing System.